With simple & basic ingredients, this lip scrub is great for those with sensitive lips and skin for those dry winter days. It also makes a budget-friendly thoughtful gift for the holiday season. The batch should be used about two or three weeks in an airtight container.
Ingredients (makes 1.5 cups)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil (or any essential oil you'd like)
- 10 drops of lemon essential oil (or one that complements your first essential oil)
- Food coloring (optional)
- Mason jars (or glass jars)
- Ribbon/gift label (optional)
Heat coconut oil until melted (about 30 seconds) in a microwave safe bowl. Add sugar and mix well. If the mixture is too watery, add more sugar until desired consistency. Add food coloring (we like purple!) and mix well. Add essential oils. Scoop mixture into mason jars and close lid tightly. Decorate as desired.