It's normal for our skin to lose elasticity as we get older. There are a variety of factors that cause the skin to start aging rapidly, which is a result of free radicals in the body. Free radicals are produced by environmental exposures, including UV and sun radiation and tobacco smoke.
Antioxidants provide protection against damaging free radicals. They can be consumed in your diet or included in your skincare products:
- Lycopene: promotes collagen production and reduces DNA damage
- Green Tea: reduces inflammation
- Resveratrol: protects against UV rays
- Genistein: protects against UVB-induced skin photodamage
- Niacinamide: improves tone and texture of skin
- Vitamin E: helps skin look younger by boosting collagen